Tuesday 3 June 2014

Baby Cobra

   Since my time here is coming to an end, I tried to get as much done as possible today. First thing in the morning I went to town with Pastor Ruth to pick up things that we needed for the baby home. There are so many little things I did not even think about, so we were trying to get most of the things today. Also, now that we have this beautiful baby home up and running, it needs to be licensed. There are certain things that we need to have in order to be a licensed baby home. So today we did a lot of those things.

   The baby home, because of its size, needs 4 fire extinguishers. So today we purchased very large fire extinguishers and we also needed to have proper poles and wiring for hanging clothes. The ones that we had before were rusting and falling over. So we purchased all of those things. Those were the main things that the health inspector said that we needed. Tomorrow the health inspector will come to City of Lights Baby Home and let us know if there is anything else we need to get, but if we have everything we need…THEN WE CAN GET OUR LICENSE!

   Just as I was getting everything ready to move children in the proper rooms I heard loud screaming. I ran outside to hear what was going on. Right outside the boys dorms there was a baby cobra slithering around the concrete. Some children ran far away and other ran close to it. I was telling all the kids to back away from the VERY POISONOUS snake! Finally our security guard came running over to handle the situation. He quickly killed the snake and I was relieved. There are too many babies running around this grass to have cobras around. 

   Finally a gentleman came to install the fire extinguishers! I was so excited! We are now one step closer to getting licensed!

   After we got all of that stuff done, I still had one piece of unfinished business to attend to. It is custom here to give a gift to the man who built your home. I needed and wanted to give a gift to the engineer of City of Lights Baby Home. The home is absolutely beautiful and this man did a great job. We have purchased a very fat goat for this man to take home to his family. That wasn't exactly the gift I had in mind, but here, that is a VERY amazing gift. So I grabbed the goat and handed it over to the man who worked so hard for all the babies that would grow up in City of Lights Baby Home. 

   I can definitely say this was a new experience for me. But I am so glad that I could bless this man. I am beyond grateful for all the work that he has done for City of Lights Baby Home. 

"Thank you Jesus for an amazing, productive day. Thank you for keeping my children safe from the cobra. I pray that you continue to watch over my babies as they are running and playing in the grass. I pray that you bless this man that worked so hard on City of Lights Baby Home. Thank you for loving us and keeping us all safe. I love you! Amen"


No comments:

Post a Comment