Monday 2 June 2014

Practically Perfect

   Today I promised Bogere, Betty and Caleb that I would take them to play with some old friends of ours, Jesse and Rachelle and their 3 kids. They are Americans living in Tororo doing missions work. I got to know them very well in 2012 while I was living in Tororo. Betty has been asking me for days if we could go play with Rachelle's kids. After the long day we had yesterday, I thought today would be a perfect day. First thing in the morning, while the kids were at school, I went to visit with Rachelle myself. We were talking and catching up on all life events. It was good to visit with her again.

   I then walked to Smile Africa to pick up Bogere, Betty, and Caleb. We all went back to Rachelle's house to play with the kids. As the kids were playing, I was keeping Rachelle company as she packed. This family is leaving to go back to America for a 8 months or so, so there was a lot of packing to be done. Every now and then I would go and check on the children and they all were getting along great! Legos seemed to be the game of choice today.

   It was so great to have a day where all the kids could play together. Bogere seemed sad yesterday after all the drama with his aunt, so I was happy to take him here and see that big smile on his face as he played with his friends. We stayed for a couple hours and then it was time to go back to Smile Africa so these kids could have dinner. Once I dropped them all off at Smile Africa, I went straight to Pastor Ruth's house to have dinner and discuss things about the baby home. 

   Once I arrived at Ruth's house, it only took us about 2 minutes to start brain storming about how we were planning to make this home practically perfect. Our conversation went on for several hours. We discussed different ideas of how to best help all the babies that will be calling City of Lights, Home. It was a very successful time brain storming and I feel like we got a lot accomplished. 

"Thank you Jesus for allowing Pastor Ruth and I to work together as a team! Thank you for all that you are doing in the lives of these children. I pray that You will continue to protect them as they grow up. I love you! Amen"

No comments:

Post a Comment