Saturday 27 April 2013

Back on the Red Dirt

   I am back in Uganda, my home away from home! The second I got off the plane the wonderful aroma of Uganda overtook my body. All kinds of memories began to flood through my mind. I was so excited to be back on the red dirt and I was anxious to see what God was going to use me to do in just the few days that I would be here.
   
   The drive seemed longer than normal because I just could not wait to get back to Tororo and be with my other family. Finally the time came and Pastor Ruth came to pick me up from Kampala and take me to Tororo. As soon as she called me letting me know that she was there, I ran down the stairs as fast as I could. Once I saw her, I ran to her and threw my arms around her neck. I was so happy to be back with my other mommy! We were both so excited and tried to fight back tears of joy as we hugged.


   
   On the 5 hour drive to Tororo I looked out the window and pictured what it would be like to see Bogere again. I wondered how he would react, what he would say, and how attached, or not, he would be to me. The more I thought about it the more excited I became. I could not wait to have that boy back in my arms again. Once we arrived to Tororo everything became so familiar. I recognized everything, even most of the people. I smiled at the people as we drove by heading to Smile Africa.
    
   As we pulled up to Smile Africa my heart was just about to jump out of my chest. I looked out the window and saw Betty standing there. She yelled my name and waved to me, anxiously waiting for the van to stop moving. As soon as the van came to stop, I jumped out and Betty came running to me, yelling.…

“  Paris! Paris! You’re here! You’re finally here!”

   I smiled and picked her up and swung her around. I was so happy to see my sweet Betty. We both smiled at each other as I held her in my arms. Then I heard a sound…a familiar sound…the sound I had been so anxiously waiting for…

“Paris! You really came!”

   I looked and saw Bogere running full speed toward me! I noticed tears on his face as he was flying in my direction. It was near impossible to fight back tears as my sweet boy came running. I ran toward Bogere and met him in the middle.



  I bent down and picked him up as he jumped in my arms. It was everything that I hoped it would be! I could feel his heart beating so fast as I held his body tight to mine. As I held him I said,

“I’m here, I’m here! I told you I would come back! I’ve got you.”



   Bogere held on so tight to me, there was no loosening his grip, but I didn’t mind at all. My sweet boy was finally in my arms, safe again. We were reunited, the moment we had been waiting for. This was such a happy moment for all of us.



   Then we walked toward City of Lights Baby Home. I could not believe my eyes. There it was…my dream…in reality. I was so excited to see this beautiful home! It is going to be such a great place! I was in awe the second I laid eyes on it. This really is a dream come true. I am building a baby orphanage…wow. I walked through the baby home while holding Bogere with one arm and Betty’s hand with other. I walked through each room and could not stop smiling. I looked at Bogere who had his head on my shoulder and I said,

“This is here because of you…so many babies are going to survive, because of you.”

   And it’s true. The reason I came to Tororo in the first place was because of Bogere. Had I not come for Bogere, then I would not have gotten this dream in my heart, this vision for a baby home in Tororo. It’s because of Bogere that this home is being built. When I told him that, his face lit up. It was a moment that I think made Bogere realize just how valuable and precious he is, not just to me, but to God. 


"Jesus, thank you so much for getting me to Tororo safely! Thank you for allowing me to be reunited with my children. I missed them so much! This was such a happy day for all of us. Thank you for keeping them safe while I was away. Thank you for the beautiful baby home! I pray that you will continue to bless it as it is being built. Thank you for all that you do for us! We love you! Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment