Thursday 11 April 2013

Remember Me

   I'm in Uganda walking down the street. The sun is shinning bright on the red dirt. I walk down to Smile Africa and I'm welcomed by 400 children yelling my name, running up to me to say good morning. Bogere jumps in my arms and I swing him around and around. We are laughing and having a great time. I see all the kids running and playing...my heart is at peace...is this really happening? I hold Bogere's hand as we walk down the red dirt road. Then I wake up to the sound of the school bell across the street, horns honking, and people talking...busy streets. Yep, I'm still in Los Angeles. It was all a dream.

   I remember when I was in Uganda, I told Bogere that I would see him soon. Soon seems so far away, for both of us. Before I left Uganda to go back home Bogere said,

"You wont forget about me right? Promise that you will remember me!"

   Forget him? How is that even possible?! I wish I could explain to my 7 year old boy how he changed my life. One day when he is older, I will tell him our story, and not how I changed his life, but how he changed mine.

   My boy is doing well, I have been told. Apparently he ditched school a few times and got caught. I was sad to hear that. It really made me wish I was there with him. On the bright side, he is doing well in school and he has continued to be nice to the other kids. God continues to work in his heart and I'm so very proud of him. This is Bogere in his school uniform...SO CUTE! (Click on photo to enlarge).


   City of Lights Baby Home continues to grow and I get more and more excited as I see pictures of the building go up. The more that the building comes together, the more my heart dreams of all the babies that will be rescued, loved, and taken care of. (Click on picture to enlarge)


   God is so good. This all never would have happened if God did not put HIS dream in my heart. This dream, this vision, belongs to God, I was just the one who listened. 

   We are still in the process of raising money for City of Lights Baby Home! Please donate at www.smileafrica.org and save someone's life. 

"Thank you Jesus for your unconditional love! Thank you for putting your dream inside my heart. I pray that you continue to watch over Bogere and the rest of the children at Smile Africa. I also pray for favor over the babies home. We love you! Amen."





No comments:

Post a Comment