Thursday 25 April 2013

In My Arms Again

   Today I leave for Uganda! Excited does not really cover the emotions that I am feeling right now. When I found out that I was going back to see my kids and the baby home, my heart literally stopped, I could not believe it. All these pictures and visions of seeing my kids again began to flood my mind. I was driving home the other day to start packing and I pictured my little Bogere running into my arms and tears began to flow down my cheeks and chills came over my body. Having that boy back in my arms again was going to be an amazing feeling. I have missed him so much and soon I will be there to love him and protect him once again. 
   
   Although it is really exciting to be going back to the place that was once my home, I am also a little nervous. I am only going to be there for a week...just enough time for both of us to get reattached to one another. This little boy became my son, and I, his mother. It was a very devastating moment for both of us when I had to go back home. Since I am only coming for a short time, it is going to be hard to say good-bye again so quickly. I remember the moment that I had to say good-bye to Bogere after all that we had been through together. It was one of the hardest things that I have ever had to do, and now I am going to have to do it again. Here is a picture of the last moment that I had with Bogere, the moment I said good-bye. 

   There are so many emotions going through my heart right now, but one thing is for sure, I am so grateful! I am so grateful that my dad is sending me all the way to Tororo Uganda just so I can see Bogere and see the progress of City of Lights Baby Home. 
   
   When I told Pastor Ruth that I was coming, she was very excited! She told Bogere right away and he was so excited, he was speechless. Apparently he ran all over Smile Africa telling everyone that I was coming back to see him. "My mother is coming back! My mother is coming back!" That melted my heart...I cant wait to have him back in my arms again. 

  I am very anxious to see what God has in store for me this trip. When I was there for 4 months I was able to accomplish a lot, but this time I am only there for a wee. I'm excited about all the things that God has in store for me. Anyway that I can serve, save, and help, God knows that I will. I am praying that God uses me in mighty ways in my short time in Tororo, Uganda. 

"Jesus, thank for this opportunity to go back to Uganda to see the children. Thank You for blessing me so that I could be a blessing. I pray that You would give me Your eyes. Help me see the things that You see, break my heart for the things that break Yours. Give me the courage to step out in faith, go beyond my comfort zone and be Your hands and feet. Help me to never hold back and never lose sight of the one. Oh and one more thing...please help the airline not lose my luggage! Thanks ;).  I love you. Amen."

1 comment:

  1. It's hard to read this and not have tears. You express your love so well, it's almost like I can feel what you feel. Maybe it's just that I put myself in your shoes as I read. I can only imagine what it would be like. That moment Bogere said, "my mother is coming back" WOW! The joy in his little big heart I am sure is overflowing!! How exciting this trip will be for all of you! See you when you return. And I hope your luggage isn't lost =)

    ReplyDelete