Saturday 24 May 2014

Have a Little Faith

   At the start of day today I was working on a budget and dealing with financial matters for the babies and for City of Lights Baby Home. Pastor Ruth and I were able to discuss, in detail, all of things that the baby home would need in order to run smoothly. It was a really good discussion and it really made things clear for me on how things were going with the babies here already.

   After Pastor Ruth and I talked, Lisa and I walked down to Smile Africa to see the children. As we were walking, worry began to fill my mind. I was wondering how we were going to pay for all of these babies and help them have the best life possible. I let my mind wonder and I forgot about the most important reason that we are doing what we are doing…Jesus. Jesus is the one who put this desire to build a baby home in my heart, it is not my home, it belongs to Jesus, He will make sure that His children are taken care of.

   Right then, as we were walking to Smile Africa, I prayed that God would see HIS baby home flourish, like I know it is supposed to. As I was walking, there was a verse that clearly spoke to my heart. Ephesians 3:20-21 (The Message Version) “God can do anything, you know- far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams! He does it not by pushing us around but by working within us, his Spirit deeply and gently within us.” God put this dream in my heart, it was His plan all along, I just listened and got to be His hands and feet at the right moment.

   Once I arrived at Smile Africa, I looked at City of Lights Baby Home and my breath was taken away. I was so overwhelmed at what had already been accomplished here. I starred at the home that would soon be home to a lot of abandoned and abused babies. I quietly thanked God for all He has done for His children. As I looked at the baby home the clouds parted a little bit and the sun shined brightly on City of Lights Baby Home. I smiled at the beautiful sight before my eyes.


   We then took Bogere, Betty and Caleb to the hotel for a little movie day. It was good to spend some quality time with the children. I put on the movie “Lion King 2”. The kids loved it! They laughed and laughed and we all had wonderful time together.


   Tomorrow is our church service and Betty is one of the praise and worship leaders. I am so excited to see my sweet Betty singing and dancing at church. It is going to be a wonderful day tomorrow. J


“Thank you Jesus for reminding me who is in control. Thank you for loving me and trusting me to be Your hands and feet. I pray that you will continue to provide for Your beautiful children. We love you! Amen”

1 comment:

  1. God is truly beyond awesome!! I love seeing the big bright smiles on your children's faces. You make them so happy and the understand they are your priority. Praying God meets every need they have and "The City of Lights" has. His faithfulness is new every morning. Can't wait to hear and see all Jesus will do for lil babies. Thank you for being such a great example of what it is to answer "yes" to God's call. Love you :)

    ReplyDelete