Monday 26 May 2014

If You Build It, They Will Come

   Today was such a long day. There was so much to get done in the baby home so that we are ready for the big celebration on Friday. Today is the day we moved everything from the small baby room to the new, City of Lights Baby Home. We began by cleaning the floors and the windows of the new home. I got so much help from the nannies, it was such a blessing. Then we began to move the beds from the small room to the new home. I was getting so excited as we began to fill the rooms with beds for the babies. Once the beds were in place, we took the dresser from the small room to the baby home. The children were all so excited about what we were doing, they insisted on helping us! It was so sweet.

   Once the dressers were in place, we needed to dress the beds and sort all the baby clothes. The clothes had gotten mixed between the babies, but it is important that they remain specific for each baby just in case one baby gets sick, they are not sharing the germs. We sorted through all the clothes, replaced the ones that were torn, and organized them in specific buckets with each babies name on it. Things are really starting to come together and I am getting more and more excited. 

   As we were organizing, we brought the babies to the new room so they could get acquainted with the new space. There was one baby in particular, Baby Peter, who was not so thrilled about the new environment quite yet, so he cried and cried, which then set off every other alarm, I mean baby, in the room. It was quite the scene. We were trying to calm them all down quickly. We couldn't carry them all because we had a lot of work to do, so we tried to call them down without carrying them. Then finally I gave in and picked up the carrying instigator, Peter, tied him to my back and continued working around the home. Once Peter stopped crying, everyone else stopped crying. 

   Finally, the rooms were getting more organized. My heart was getting more and more excited as the rooms started to fill up. We started out with 10 babies…now in just one day, we have 24 babies/toddlers in this babies home. It has grown significantly. I am so grateful that God has entrusted me with His precious children. 

"Thank you Jesus for trusting me with Your babies! I pray that you will continue to watch over these children. For each child that you bring to us, I pray that you provide abundantly for them! I pray that this week will run smoothly as we set up this beautiful home. I love you! Amen."



  




No comments:

Post a Comment