Tuesday 27 May 2014

Please,Don't Take My Son

   Even though I am working hard here in Tororo, I am still working hard to graduate college next year. I am currently taking 2 online classes and the due dates for quizzes, forums, etc. are starting to approach. I decided that this morning I would spend time working on some homework assignments so that I can meet all the deadlines that are coming up. As soon as I finished some work then Lisa and I went to Smile Africa to pick up Caleb and baby John.

   Caleb had a little heat rash on his neck and arms so I wanted to take him to get good soap for his skin and some good cream. After we picked up the babies, we went back to the hotel so I could bathe Caleb and give him a bath with the good soap for his skin. Caleb insisted on bathing himself also. He would take the cup of water and pour it on his head and burst into laughter. It was the cutest thing ever! I spent the first part of my day with Caleb. After I bathed him, I got him lunch and put on “The Lion King” for him as I finished some more of my school work.


   Just as we are getting ready to leave to head back to Smile Africa, I get a phone call saying that I should come to Smile Africa right away. I was told it was urgent. I quickly packed up my things, including Caleb, jumped on a boda (a motorcycle taxi) and went to Smile Africa. The whole ride over I was nervous about what was going on that was so urgent. The only thing I could think of was my son, Bogere. I was worried that something had happened to him. I was praying the whole way as we were driving. I just prayed that nothing had happened to my boy.

   As soon as we arrived I ran to the office to see what was going. There was a group of people sitting down around the office. Pastor Ruth then told me that there was a lady, who is claiming to be Bogere’s aunt, that wants to take Bogere and his 2 younger siblings back to her home in Mbale, which is a few hours away. When I was told this, my heart sank to my feet. My first thought was “No, no. You can’t take them.” Then I also found out that this lady came with very man who killed Bogere’s mother.

   My first reaction was fear. I was afraid that this was some plan to hurt these children. After all, this man had threatened to kill Bogere a few times. I wanted to cry, but I did not. Pastor Ruth did the right thing and sent these people to the police to discuss what they wanted to do. That way they will first need permission from the police before they take away my children.

   I am a little scared, a little worried, and a little sad, but I am trusting God with the life of His sweet children…even if it’s hard.



“Thank you Jesus for all that you do. I know that no matter what, you are in control. My heart is heavy, but Your plan is better than I could ever even imagine for these children. I pray that you protect them and keep them safe. Thank you for your unfailing promise. I love you and I trust you. Amen”

6 comments:

  1. I am praying with you Paris. I hope everything works out in the best interest of the children. God is in control.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you and your sweet babies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying and standing in agreement with you! Lord, You are a God of Peaceful Strength when we have to weather the storms of life on our own. We lift up all involved in this situation. Jeremiah 16:19, “Lord, you are my strength, and my protection. You are a safe place for me to run in times of trouble” At ALL times keep these precious children safe from any harm!

    Take Bogere's mother's killer and give him a heart of flesh like Paul and remove his heart of stone. Give wisdom and discernment to any police officer involved in this case! May they not distort justice! May they not be partial or take a bribe that perverts Your will for these children!

    Please give Paris the continued strength to victoriously persevere as she puts her trust in You, Lord! Remove her worry and sadness as far as East is from West and replace it with the peace, joy, and laughter only You can provide. We love You and Thank You Jesus! Amen!

    Paris: From one crying mommy to another...this verse is for you doll stay strong! We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they are good for us--they help us learn to endure. Endurance then develops strength of character in us, and character strengthens our confident expectation of salvation (Romans 5:3-5, NLT).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these boys. AND you Paris.
    Love Dad

    ReplyDelete