Saturday 31 May 2014

Saying Good-bye

   Today was a good day. Sadly, my dad could only stay in Tororo for 1 day. So today was the day we took him and Alex back to the Tororo airfield. First thing in the morning we went straight to Smile Africa so that my dad could spend some more time with the kids and Pastor Ruth.

   While we were there, my dad and the team wanted to see the slum nearest to Smile Africa. The majority of the children come from this slum. Since I had walked through this slum many times, it was very familiar to me. No matter how many times I walk through it though, it still touches my heart. It is hard to believe that the children that go to Smile Africa, come from such extreme situations. All of these children are worshipping Jesus with all their heart. It reminds me that no matter what situation I might be going through, I can still find joy and I should still be praising my savior.

   As we were walking through the slum different memories began to flood my mind of the different events that had happened here. I walked through the same place where Bogere’s mother had asked me to take him so that he would be safe, I saw the place where we buried Bogere’s mother, I saw the place that used to be a huge trash pit where Bogere once slept. It was a walked through memory lane, hard memories, but also memories of pure redemption, grace, and God’s mercy.

   As we were walking back to Smile Africa, there was one little girl who just stood in the middle of the road. She may have been about a year old and she was one of the most beautiful little girls I have ever seen.


   Once we arrived back at Smile Africa we really only had enough time to pack up everything and head to Pastor Ruth’s house. Ruth had prepared a farewell lunch for my dad and the team. We all enjoyed the time together and then it was time to say good-bye.

   We all drove to their airfield and said our final good-byes to each other. I would see my dad and the team in just 1 week, but Pastor Ruth and the rest of our Ugandan family will not be seeing them for at least a few months.

   All the kids loved playing on the small airplane while we were packing up the bags. Then finally, it was time to go. Lisa and I said good-bye, Alex said his good-byes to Caleb, my dad and I said good-bye and then the plane was off. Pastor Ruth and I stayed to watch the small plane take off. Now…it’s just me. There is no telling what could happen now! Let the adventures begin! J



“Thank you Jesus for a great day. Thank you allowing my dad and the team to get her safely. Thank you for City of Lights Baby Home. I pray that you will watch over my dad and the team as they travel. I pray that the rest of my time here in Tororo will be very productive for City of Lights Baby Home! I pray that we get a lot accomplished! I love you! Amen.”

No comments:

Post a Comment